The finance module works with periods. Mostly this is a calendar month, but it can also be a period of 4 or 5 weeks.
In a productive system the business Finance team will take care of month end closing and opening of new financial period.
In a sandbox or development system this might not be done. As a result logistical postings might fail with a message that the financial period must be opened.
Initialization of financial periods: MMPI
To initialize the periods in a newly installed system, start transaction MMPI:
Only run in newly installed systems!
Background and warning notes:
- 369637 – Period closing program with initialization after Release 4.5
- 487381 – RMMMINIT: Protection Against Unintended Execution
- 70545 – MMPV: Period closing program with initialization
Period shift: MMPV
The shift the period with one month, start transaction MMPV:
MMPV relevant OSS notes:
- 1082841 – MMPV: Prevent shifting to a future period by mistake
- 2042164 – MMPV Period shifted by error to future period for Material Ledger active plant
- 2748224 – Close Periods APP No authorization to carry out period closing
- 3009750 – MMPV: Period incorrectly shifted despite missing lock or goods issues cannot be posted to the previous period