SAP has released the S4HANA readiness check 2.0.
This blog will answer the following questions:
- How to install S4HANA readiness check 2.0?
- How to run the S4HANA readiness check 2.0?
- How to see the results for the S4HANA readiness check 2.0?
- What are the differences between the old and the new 2.0 version?
- Where to find more background information on the SAP readiness check 2.0?
How to install S4HANA readiness check 2.0?
SAP OSS note 2758146 – SAP Readiness Check 2.0 & Next Generation SAP Business Scenario Recommendations and 2913617 – SAP Readiness Check 2.0 contain all the installation instructions.
Short sequence of steps:
- de-implement OSS note 2310438 – SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA – Managed System
- Implement OSS note 2745851 – Business Process Improvement Content for SAP Readiness Check 2.0 and Next Generation SAP Business Scenario Recommendations
- Update or implement OSS note 2185390 – Custom Code Analyzer
- Update or implement OSS note 1872170 – ABAP on HANA sizing report (S/4HANA, Suite on HANA…)
- Update or implement OSS note 2399707 – Simplification Item Check
- Implement OSS note 2769657 – Interface Discovery for IDoc as part of Readiness Check
- Implement OSS note 2612179 – DVM API to trigger and monitor DVM ST14 analyses for Readiness Check
- Implement OSS note 2758146 itself
Next to these notes, if you are using ATC, it is wise to also apply OSS note 2781766 – Enabling ATC check result export for SAP Readiness Check 2.0.
As you can see from the list of OSS notes there are improvements in the area of idocs, data volume management and business process analysis.
For this reason SAP recommends to run the S4HANA readiness tool on productive system.
Run S4HANA readiness check 2.0
There are 2 data analysis programs to run: SYCM_DOWNLOAD_REPOSITORY_INFO and RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA.
First you run SYCM_DOWNLOAD_REPOSITORY_INFO on development system to fetch information about your Z coding:
The tool will launch batch job. After job is done download the zipfile to your local PC.
If you are asked to regenerate the ABAP indexes run program SAPRSEUC in the background and be very patient. See blog on ABAP where used index for more background information.
Second program you need to run on production. So you first need to transport all the notes to production. The notes are large and can take up to 20 minutes import time. So take a quiet time at the productive system to import them.
Start program RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA in your productive system:
Select your target version and press execute. This will launch multiple batch jobs. Wait for all the jobs to finish and start program again to download the ZIP file to your PC.
Uploading the data
SAP OSS note 2758146 – SAP Readiness Check 2.0 & Next Generation SAP Business Scenario Recommendations contains the upload URL. The current URL is http://rc.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com .
Hit the start New Analysis button and upload the file from the RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA program. Wait for the SAP site to finish the analysis. It will be visible on the site as Recent Analysis.
Don’t forget to push the update analysis button to upload the second file with the custom code analysis from program SYCM_DOWNLOAD_REPOSITORY_INFO.
Now you can start to enjoy the results:
You can use the settings button to allow more people to view the analysis results.
SAP keeps on improving the readiness check 2.0. The new features are published in SAP blog.
More background information can be found at:
- Official SAP site following this link.
Differences between S4HANA readiness check 1.0 and 2.0
- More aspects are covered in 2.0 (like idocs, data volume, business processes, etc)
- 2.0 is fully online, it is easier to give access to the site (entering e-mail is sufficient, no need for S user to access), you can still make word summary or xls download of the results
- The analysis programs are faster