If you have followed all the instruction in the blog about embedded FIORI activation in S4HANA, you will find that the my Inbox app is still not working.
This is correct since extra steps are required to setup the FIOIR my inbox app. This blog will answer the following questions:
- Which extra steps to perform to activate the FIORI my inbox app?
- Where to find more background information on the FIORI my inbox app?
Basic setup of FIORI my inbox in S4HANA
After you have finished the embedded FIORI activation in S4HANA (see blog), you must follow the extra steps in OSS note 2902673 – Rapid Activation for SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA – Overview. This note refers to specific version like 2834415 – Composite SAP note: Rapid Activation for SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA 1909. In this note there is a special section on the extra steps to activate the myInbox.
Goto the following customizing tree entry:
Now setup an extra system alias, name can be freely chosen:
It is very important here to notice 2 things:
- The local GW (gateway) tickbox must be set
- The software version MUST be set to /IWPGW/BWF
In transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE activate the service TASKPROCESSING version 2 for the system alias you just created.
It is very important to take version 2 and not the version 1.
In SICF activate the FIORI inbox tile itself: CA_FIORI_INBOX.
In PFCG activate role SAP_BR_MANAGER and assign it to your user.
Now goto the FIORI launchpad (/ui2/flp transaction) and the MyInbox tile should be visible with the number showing you the amount of workflows:
If you see the number zero, you might not have any workflows assigned to your user. See the blog on S4HANA workflow activation to make sure the workflow system is properly activated and instruction to generate some test items for you.
The best source of public information is the SAP wiki on myInbox.
Official SAP note: 2676990 – Release Information note for SAP Fiori My Inbox. (this note contains the list of patch notes for the My Inbox FIORI side).
Release information note, which refers to patch notes: 2221151 – Release Information note for SAP Fiori My Inbox 2.0.
Specific useful notes on how-to OSS note for my Inbox FIORI app :
- 2421785 – How to Customize the Decision Keys In My Inbox Fiori App
- 2347652 – Fiori ‘My Inbox’ only shows 100 work items in the list
- 2424054 – How to setup My Inbox 2.0 app
- 2491100 – My Inbox multi-select functionality
- 2557477 – How to Check Fiori My Inbox version
- 2692139 – How to remove or add Attachments, comments or Related objects Icons in My Inbox Fiori App
- 3037097 – Fiori My Inbox application is not showing the document like SBWP does.
- 3089218 – How to create My Outbox tile