This blog will explain about webservice message monitoring.
Questions that will be answered are:
- How can I display webservice messages?
- How can I set the deletion retention timing for webservice messages?
This blog assumes that you have correctly activated the basic SOAP webservice runtime. See separate blog on this topic.
Webservice message monitoring
You can start the webservice message monitoring with transaction SRT_MONI. In the selection screen fill out filtering parameters are per need:
Result will look like:
By clicking on the message itself you can see the content in XML format.
Setting retention period of webservice message deletion
Webservice messages will get deleted automatically in the SAP system. The default value is one week. You might need to keep the messages longer. The setting that controls this retention period is quite hidden. To change the setting, you need to start transaction SXMB_ADM and then select the option Schedule Delete Jobs:
Then you change the retention settings as per need:
Web service tracing
Web service tracing can be activated in transaction SRT_UTIL.
Be careful when switching the trace to on, on a productive system: it can generate a lot of load. Do apply and read OSS note 3084970 - SRT_UTIL: Show disclaimer when enabling tracing for URIs.
OSS notes for tracing:
- 3038290 – Tools for analyzing problems in Web Service framework
- 3084892 – Web Service Tracing: Check Request-URI
Generic search frame work
SAP has create in S4HANA 2020 extra search framework. Transaction code SRT_MONI_GSF starts up a specialised search frame work:
To get this new framework you need to apply these 4 OSS notes:
- 2971973 – SRT_MONI_GSF Creation of package
- 2972601 – SRT_MONI_GSF Interface Note
- 2972602 – SRT_MONI_GSF Application Note Business Partner
- 2980590 – SRT_MONI_GSF Application Note T100 Messages
Bug fix OSS notes
- 2971683 – Time-out error in SRT_MONI Message Display for XML-Conversion errors with huge Payload
- 3001513 – ESI – Function not available for current processing status error when cancelling a message in transaction SRT_MONI
- 3101750 – The SRT_MONI Generic Search Framework does not offer the sender name of the service as filter criteria