As of SAP basis version 7.54 (which is ABAP version below S/4HANA 1909) a new set of client copy tools can be used.
Questions that will be answered in this blog are:
- What are the version requirements of the new client copy tools?
- What are the highlights of the new client copy tools?
- How do I estimate the size of a client to copy?
- How to run the new client copy tools?
Highlights of the new client copy tools
The main OSS note for the new client copy tools is 2962811 – New Client Copy Tool: General Information. And 2953662 – Recommendations for remote client copy performance improvements in S/4HANA.
- Native HANA support
- Parallel processing of very large tables
- SAP* in client 000 no longer needed: but still recommendation to use client 000
- Option to use client copies with task list transaction STC01
Client size estimation
Transaction SCC_CLIENT_SIZE is a new transaction that can be used to estimate the size of a client:
Pending on your size run online or in batch mode. Result:
Client copy with new tool
In this example we first create the new client number 123 in transaction SCC4:
Now we can start transaction SCCLN for the new client copy tool:
And execute. Wait until done:
Remote client copy
Transaction SCC9N can be used for a remote client copy using the new tools:
Transaction SCC5N can be used for client deletion:
Bug fix OSS notes
Please check and apply following bug fix OSS notes for these new tools:
- 2705038 – SCCL local client copy gives error : “Could not lock source client”
- 2916638 – Client copy dumps while creating default company
- 2954210 – Client copy using SAP_USER profile via SCCLN deletes address data.
- 2907850 – Enable single copy after performance improvements in Client Copy Tool
- 2948387 – Excluded tables are not considered during Remote Client Copy
- 2960065 – Reset Table Buffers on all application servers after copying tables during Local Client Copy
- 2962116 – New Client Copy: Table Splitting Improvements
- 2963680 – New Client Copy: Restart of Parallel Processes
- 2967061 – New Client Copy: Remote Copy/Client Comparison fails with memory problems
- 3063466 – New client copy : Segmenter option fails due to memory issue
- 3071394 – Client Copy Optimizer: Wrong Calculation of unchanged tables
- 3090048 – SCC4 (table T000) was changed after client copy
- 3099534 – SCCLN: Enable Client Copy to Non-Existent Target in Testmode