In S4HANA standard jobs are scheduled in a different way.
This wblog will answer the following questions:
- How to see then new standard jobs via transaction SJOBREPO?
- Where to find more information on more advanced functions?
- Which background OSS notes can I read on the S4HANA stand batch job repository?
- I have done a change to SJOBREPO and it is not visible? (it takes up to 1 hour!)
Viewing the job repository
Start transaction SJOBREPO to view the job repository:
Use transaction SWF_JOBREPO_SLG1 to see logs of potential job issues.
To assign a standard user to job steps use transaction SJOBREPO_STEPUSER to set standard job step user:
Checking the activation status of SJOBREPO
With program R_JR_UTIL_1 you can check the current status of SJOBREPO or activate it:
See OSS note 2790150 – Automatic Job Scheduling is switched off.
Activation and monitoring
In SJOBREPO, more background information can be found by clicking the button Monitor help:
A very important remark is made here that it can take up to 1 hour before changes to SJOBREPO are visible in the monitoring overview. This is a very annoying feature.
Advanced functions in SJOBREPO
All the advanced configuration functions of the S4HANA job repository can be found as PDF attachment to OSS note 2190119 – Background information about S/4HANA technical job repository.
Scope dependent jobs
In customizing you can actviate scope dependent jobs:
Background OSS notes
Useful background OSS notes:
- 2822002 – How to manage S/4 HANA technical job repository via SAP BPA by Redwood: basically you cannot manage technical jobs via SAP BPA by Redwood.