This blog will explain how to archive material ledger data via object CO_ML_DAT. Generic technical setup must have been executed already, and is explained in this blog.
Go to transaction SARA and select object CO_ML_DAT.
Main table that is archived:
- CKMLCR (material ledger data)
- CKMLPP (period totals)
Technical programs and OSS notes
Write program: SAPRCKMN_NEU
Delete program: SAPRCKMO_NEU
Read from archive: SAPRCKMP_NEU_LESEN
Reload program: SAPRCKMP_NEU_RUECKLADEN
Relevant OSS notes:
- 3026591 – CO_ML_DAT: Runtime improvement
- 3020293 – CO_ML_DAT: Too much data archived
- 3038037 – CO_ML_DAT: Data from table CKMLMV003 remains in database
- 3075749 – CO_ML_DAT: Database commit must be executed more frequently.
- 3112972 – CO_ML_DAT, CO_ML_SPL: Various adjustments
- 3124157 – CO_ML_SPL: Runtime improvement
- 3142074 – CO_ML_DAT: Runtime improvement
- 3273407 – CO_ML_DAT: Archiving terminates with short dump CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB
Application specific customizing
Archiving object CO_ML_DAT has no specific customizing. Retention period is set on the write program screen.
Executing the write run and delete run
In transaction SARA, CO_ML_DAT select the write run:
Select your data, save the variant and start the archiving write run.
After the write run is done, check the logs. CO_ML_DAT archiving has high speed, and high percentage of archiving (up to 100%).
Proved a good name for the archive file for later use!
Deletion run is standard by selecting the archive file and starting the deletion run.
Data retrieval is via program SAPRCKMP_NEU_LESEN. But the retrieval has no proper selection. Output is also hard to read.